So I woke up one morning this week and ThingsMyBellyLikes had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award! Thank you!
1. Nominate some of your favourite blogs
2. Tell your favourite blogs that you nominated them
3. Tell the world 7 things about yourself
First I’d like to nominate Sam who’s blog Samwiches to Samosas has some wonderful cake recipes I’m dying to try.
Next, Baker on the Rise, I loved her heart shaped cake, she has a very pretty blog.
On a non-cooking note (yes I am interested in other things!) Notes from a Dog Walker for her wonderful blog about dealing with DINOS (dogs in need of space).
Another baking site again! Raspberri cupcakes for her absolutely gorgeous cakes!
Tales of Thyme and Place for beautiful pictures and delicious recipes.
Now for the 7 things about me. Since I don’t think anyone knows all that much about me here we go….
- I live in a small condo (read glorified apartment!) with a man who has an extensive car audio collection (read takes up lots of room with his stuff!) and two dogs.
- I really, really, really want to start a small citrus grove INSIDE our place. I want at least a Meyer lemon tree and now a Hand of Buddha citrus tree. Possibly a pink grapefruit tree as well. I’m so not joking and so not sure how I can possibly make that happen!
- Oh, I’m from California and am currently living near Seattle. Citrus grows outside in California but Seattle is not the right climate for it, apples yes, citrus no. Very sad, although I do like apple pies so there’s that.
- I’m half Greek and half American (read a big mix of Irish, English, Polish and possibly German) My dad was Greek and made us very proud of our heritage, he made sure we stayed connected, plus we went to Greece almost every summer so I got to know the food and the culture. It’s my second home. And yes I speak Greek.
- I’ve lived quite a life. I’ve made many mistakes but things are good now. Our past brings us to our present so I don’t really regret anything, I just wish I had been a bit smarter at a younger age. But it’s all about the journey right?! And I’m far from done.
- DId I happen to mention that I love food? I love food. I love food from all different cultures. Luckily my parents made me try everything and exposed me to a huge variety of cultures and food. I’m so grateful that I don’t have any food allergies and that I’m not picky. I feel so sorry for those people, they are missing out on so much!
- I’ve traveled to many places and I hope to visit more. There are so many places in this world, so many people to meet, places to see and food to eat! I want to go to Malaysia because I saw on a travel show that they greet you not with “how are you” but with “have you eaten” That’s my type of place! The list of places I have yet to visit is long, India, Brazil, Egypt, North Africa, Peru, Spain and on and on!
So that’s it. I wanted to nominate more people but either they have already received this or…. they just weren’t at the forefront of my mind and I know that in the middle of the night I will wake up and remember the ones I missed! Probably at around 3 AM.