Last night all I had was one Granny Smith Apple (who was granny smith anyway) and some frozen peaches. Oh and a bit of pie crust dough leftover from the pumpkin pie last week. Something had to be made but there wasn’t enough fruit for a pie or a true tart. So…..
- Roll out the dough and put in the bottom and side of a 8 inch round stoneware dish (2 inches deep)
- Cut and peel the apple and put around the bottom, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Put the peach slices over the apples.
- Beat together 3 egg yolks, 3/4 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour.
- Pour over the top and bake at 350 for an hour.
- Take out of the oven and brush some peach jelly over the top.
It is so delicious. The tartness of the apple with the sweetness of the peach is just wonderful and the creaminess of the filling adds the touch of comfort.